When We Feel Helpless
Powerful Motivational Message ( When We Feel Helpless) – Gabi Odonkor
We love movies that capture our attention with tales of people who are trapped, helpless, and frantically looking for a way of escape. However, this is not something we want in real life. Yet when it happens, we immediately start looking for the way out and beg God for rescue through physical healing, changed circumstances, or additional provision.
Have you ever considered that spiritual rescue is even more important than physical deliverance? Although Jesus has freed us from the penalty and power of sin, there are times when we feel helpless in the face of sinful habits, emotions, rash words, and ungodly thoughts. That’s when we need to follow the example of the psalmist and cry out to God for spiritual rescue.
* Admit your helplessness to God. In yourself, you have no power to overcome sin. But God’s Spirit within you is almighty.
* Confess any sins, fears, unbelief, or self-reliance. Surrender all further attempts to change by self-effort, and make no provision for sinful desires.
* Turn your gaze toward God. Think about who He is, what He desires, and what He has promised.
* Fill your mind and heart with God’s Word. Meditate on it. Ask Him for wisdom and strength to follow Him with reliance on and submission to His Spirit.
* Trust God, and wait upon Him to change you from the inside out. Although salvation occurs in a moment, sanctification is a lifelong process.
A time will eventually come when the helpless feeling departs and is replaced by the joy of obedience. When that happens, give God the glory.
I cry out with my whole heart; Hear me, O Lord! I will keep Your statutes. 146 I cry out to You; Save me, and I will keep Your testimonies. 147 I rise before the dawning of the morning, And cry for help; I hope in Your word. 148My eyes are awake through the night watches, That I may meditate on Your word. 149Hear my voice according to Your loving kindness; O Lord, revive me according to Your justice. 150 They draw near who follow after wickedness; They are far from Your law. 151 You are near, O Lord, And all Your commandments are truth.152Concerning Your testimonies, I have known of old that You have founded them forever.153 Consider my affliction and deliver me, For I do not forget Your law. 154 Plead my cause and redeem me; Revive me according to Your word. 155Salvation is far from the wicked, For they do not seek Your statutes. 156 Great are Your tender mercies, O Lord; Revive me according to Your judgments. 157 Many are my persecutors and my enemies, Yet I do not turn from Your testimonies. 158I see the treacherous, and am disgusted, Because they do not keep Your word. 159Consider how I love Your precepts; Revive me, O Lord, according to Your loving kindness. 160The entirety of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.
➖ @truthfountain ➖